Stress can be triggered by the pressures of everyday responsibilities. Negative life events can also cause stress. Your central nervous system is in charge of your “fight or flight” response. During stressful life circumstances the hypothalamus tells your adrenal glands to release adrenaline and cortisol. When the stress is gone the body goes back to normal. If the stress doesn’t go away or the body doesn’t go back to normal it will throw you out of balance. Chronic stress can affect your central nervous system, respiratory and cardiovascular system,digestive system,muscular system, and immune system.
The good news is that there are natural remedies to help bring your body back into balance.
Here are some of the natural remedies I keep in my medicine cabinet:
1. Natural Calm- Natural Calm restores healthy magnesium levels and balances your calcium intake. Calcium and Magnesium are opposites. Calcium excites nerves, while magnesium calms them down. Calcium makes muscles contract, magnesium is necessary for muscles to relax. This is a powder you add to hot or cold water before you go to sleep. It also cleanses the bowels.
2. Doterra Lifelong Vitality Pack- Doterra’s Lifelong Vitality Pack is a three part daily system of vitamins, minerals, omega fatty acids,and essential oils. They provide you with potent levels of essential nutrients and powerful metabolic factors for optimal health, energy, and longevity. You can go to http://www.mydoterra.com/johnnatuttle to learn more.
3.Valerian Root- Valerian Root is know for its sedative qualities and its ability to relax the central nervous system and the smooth muscle groups. It has been used as a sleeping aid for hundreds of years. It is a non-addictive treatment for insomnia and has no side effects. It reduces the time it takes to fall asleep without changing the normal stages of sleep.
4.Melatonin- Melatonin is used for cancer prevention, strengthening your immune system, slowing down the aging process, and as a sleep aid.
5. 5 HTP- 5HTP is a naturally occurring amino acid and is the precursor and metabolic intermediate in the biosynthesis of the neurotransmitters serotonin and melatonin. This supplement helps increase the production of serotonin. Serotonin is responsible for feelings of well being and normal sleep patterns. It is used for PMS, anxiety, depression, obesity, migraines, and insomnia.
6. B-12 Vitamins- B-12 keeps your nerves and red blood cells healthy. It is a great energy booster and helps reduce depression.
7. Calm Homeopathic- Calm Homeopathic made by Hyland is great for anxiety and sleeplessness. It is a non habit forming natural medicine. It eases your mind and body.
8.Essential oils- My favorite oils for stress are frankincense, lavender, and balance. They help with chronic stress, anxiety, and depression.
9. Gemstones- Gemstones are natural tools for relieving stress, anxiety, and stress management. Gemstones for anxiety are rhodonite, onyx,mother of pearl, amethyst, and carnelian. Wearing therapeutic gemstone necklaces can help calm your mind, body, and spirit.
10. Nature Walks- Spending time outdoors can help clear your mind, calm your emotions, and lift your spirit.
These are healthy alternatives to addictive medications. These natural remedies have no side effects and support the body’s natural healing process. There is support for you through life’s challenges. Listen to your body and choose wisely.
Love and light,
Johnna Andrea Tuttle
Copyright © March 7,2016, Andrea’s Wellness Center, All rights reserved