|February is the month to celebrate love! Though I feel it is to be celebrated daily, it is a wonderful time to reflect and do something special for those we love. I usually buy a special treat for my children and make one of our favorite meals. I will also do something special for myself. Valentines is a special time to celebrate and let those I love know how much I love them.
I have some self-reflection questions for you this Valentines. Have you included YOU in your Valentines celebrations”? Will you be doing anything special to celebrate who you are and what you have to give others? When we give to others we are sharing a part of ourselves. Whether we give through a gift, a kind gesture, or share our affection, it is an extension of who we are. We are celebrating and sharing the love we are with others.It is also wonderful to receive from others. The perfect balance of giving and receiving allows us to feel whole and complete. It reminds us of the divine love within us that is eternally connected to God.
Self Criticism and negative thoughts create a barrier to love. Love can’t get in or out. When we have a deep sense of self love, we can genuinely love those around us completely and without conditions. Self criticism spills over into your relationships like poison. Learning to master your self talk takes lots of practice! As you are persistent with mastering your thoughts by choosing the positive ones, the love that you are will shine brighter!
If you struggle with self criticism here are some steps to help you release them and become free:
1. Write down three negative thoughts that continue to pull you down and block you from giving and receiving more love?
2. Reflect on how long you have had these thoughts. How old were you when you started to believe them? Who did you hear them from?
3. Reflect on how these thoughts make you feel. Write down your feelings on the paper.
4 Ask yourself if the negative feelings are serving you in anyway? Then reflect on how you are being limited buy believing these negative thoughts and feelings.Are you ready to let them go?
5. Write down on a separate piece of paper what positive thoughts you want to choose to believe about yourself, about love, and who you are.
6. Destroy the paper with the negative thoughts. You can burn it, tear it up, or crumble it up and put it in the trash. Allow yourself to be aware of what you feel in your body when you do this.
7. Repeat your positive thoughts out loud ten times. Notice how your body feels when you do this.
8. Repeat this as often as needed to get rid of negative thoughts.
This is one of the most powerful tools I share with my coaching clients to help them break free from self criticism. It has been a powerful tool in my life and allows me to celebrate who I am and express who I am in the world freely. I share this with you because I know you have an infinite amount of love within you. This world needs your love! Those around you need your love! Your love is powerful and can make this world a better place. It begins with changing YOUR WORLD through loving yourself first. So I invite you to let go of anything that is in the way of you fully embracing the love that you are. The time is now to celebrate who you are!
Sending my love wrapped in peace and joy!
Johnna Andrea Tuttle
Copyright © February 9,2016, Andrea’s, Wellness Center All rights reserved